Wii, 3DS, XBOX 360, PS3, PSP, future & classic gaming. Whatever your needs are, we got it all!

Your thoughts on the Wii-U?

Lockdown738
    Administrator
    Administrator

Your thoughts on the Wii-U?

Post by Lockdown738 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:50 pm

From first glance, it looked amazingly powerful. However, part of me wishes that Nintendo cameup with an entirely new idea rather than just make an advanced version of the Wii. I also expected there to be more of an emphasis on virtual reality (similar to Kinect).
    Addict
    Junior
    Junior

Re: Your thoughts on the Wii-U?

Post by Addict on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:42 pm

The Wii became revolutionary with it's motion controls, but the motion controls were only used in a handful of games. When the newer games rolled in, most of them didn't use of the motion control at all. I'm hoping perhaps the Wii-U can put an end to that.

Also, I haven't seen much pictures of it, but the ones I have seen have big screens in the controller. Could someone explain what was going on there? Sad
    AA
    Junior
    Junior

Post by AA on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:36 pm

The Wii-U's gimmick is the touchscreen controller. Some games utilize both screens at once. For example, in Zelda, instead of bringing up the inventory, you can just touch an item on the controller. Some games allow you to switch screens. For example, if your dad wants to watch a TV program, you don't have to stop playing. You can just switch over to your controller.
    Lockdown738
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lockdown738 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:46 pm

AA wrote:The Wii-U's gimmick is the touchscreen controller. Some games utilize both screens at once. For example, in Zelda, instead of bringing up the inventory, you can just touch an item on the controller. Some games allow you to switch screens. For example, if your dad wants to watch a TV program, you don't have to stop playing. You can just switch over to your controller.
    That's what I like the most about the console. There have been many times where I have been in the middle of an important mission, and then somebody walks in and says that they need to watch something on TV. I'm surprised no gaming company thought of this earlier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:31 am